Saturday, December 25, 2010

One more dream that came true


In the last post I mentioned a list of dreams and aspirations. The night before last, I just achieved one more goal off that list. Ever since when I was a little girl, my mother went to a Sing-Along concert of Handel's Messiah. She played the music for me over and over again. I fell in love with the piece at a tender age and informed my mother that some day I was going to go to a Sing-Along concert of Handel's Messiah as she had done. The night before last, I did. It was at the Kennedy Center, we were an audience of about five hundred people. I sang it more enthusiastically than I had ever sung that piece before. I have a rather big, strong sopranic voice. And I love beind in places where the structure of the building carries my sound. It was a positively soaring exhilaration, to be able, at the proper places in the piece, to sing as LOUDLY AS I COULD! I have been blessed with many occassions in my life to sing my heart out. It was such a supremely sweet gift from Jesus to let me sing for Him on His birthday yet again. And he knew that I had always wanted to sing that piece for Him in a concert.

The conductor said that in all the years he had conducted these Sing-Alongs, he had never heard it sung so well by the audience. I believe him. It was wonderful. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment