Monday, November 8, 2010

On Instant Messages

Instant messages save trouble and can be very helpful. I IM my friends when I must ask them a quick question. They usally catch me online though. I do not usually want to mark myself in any chat box forum as unavailable because I think "What if...?"
What if there is an emergency, what if their is good news, etc. Or sometimes I just don't think. I do sometimes neglect to think.

But I wish I would, because they way that random acquaintences in a given social network will seek out a random person to chat is kryptonite to me. I am predominantly melancholic/choleric in temperament. I am more introverted than extroverted. I do not often talk simply for the sake of talking. I speak when I have something to say. Also being a melancholic, being unable to communicate what I am trying to say is frustrating. As everybody knows, it is so easy to misunderstand somebody via texting or IMing. However, the nice thing is that if the conversation starts to go awry, you can say, "g2g bye" or if you are more fastidious " This has been lovely, and thank you so much for the chat. Oh dear, my duties beckon! Be well!"

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will appreciate the time and thought I've put in to replying on this subject; even if I have rather little to say, for all that.

    As one often tongue-tied for the right words (or any at all!), I have great sympathy for the frustrations of the misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Yes, I do appreciate the time as well as the complete sentences.

    ReplyDelete